The Starfire Company Vision, Mission & Values
Transform the way that STEM subjects are taught so that the teaching inspires, motivates and develops student’s interest in solving challenging problems.
Inspire students interest in STEAM.
Integrity- be your best self (caring)
GRIT (Adherence to long term goals) -Persistence, Perseverance, Resilience
The Starfire Way
Starfire students' learn to think like 21st century mathematicians, scientists, engineers, programmers, design thinkers, and artists. Your child will learn-by-doing, solving interesting, challenging problems, hands-on, with professional coaching from fun passionate mathematicians, scientists, engineers, programmers, design thinkers, and artists.
The Starfire Way is to create opportunities for students to learn through discovery by solving problems. Starfire programs are highly interactive, team based, learn-by-doing, hands-on, discovery learning experiences. Learning through discovery and hands-on activities lasts a lifetime.
Starfire students develop a deep conceptual understanding of math, coding, and engineering, mathematical thinking, and problem solving which gives them the inner-confidence to persist and persevere to solve unfamiliar and challenging problems.
We engage our kids in class discussion about the habits of mind and behaviors that we value at Starfire. In our classes and summer program we reinforce these habits of mind and behaviors by rewarding raffle tickets which go into a drawing for prizes.
Starfire Teaching Values
- A Love of Learning
- Growth Mindset- holds the belief that intelligence can be increased with effort, seeks challenges
- Grit- adheres to the pursuit of long term goals
- Deep Thinking- thinks deeply about how to solve problems
- Curiosity- seeks the answer to the question, "Why?"
- Risks- takes intellectual risks, believes that learning comes from making mistakes
- Teamwork- works with others to achieve a shared goal
- Communication- seeks to understand others, shares ideas and thinking with others, makes sense of thinking to others
- Creativity- perceives the world in new ways to solve problems
Founder Starfire Education